︎ Refund policy
If you are unhappy with any product you purchase on this website for any reason, you may return it to us in its original condition within 14 working days and we will provide a full refund (excluding delivery costs). If the reason for the return is the result of our error, or if the item was damaged before it reached you, we will also refund the delivery costs.
To make a return please send your item back to the appropriate address listed below. The item should be securely wrapped along with your delivery note and a letter explaining the reason for the return. We recommend that you use a recorded delivery service.
IC Visual Lab
97-107 Wilder Street
BS6 5NP Bristol
If you have any other queries about our returns policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
︎ Terms of service
Company registration name
IC Visual Lab C.I.C
Place of registration
14B Ashley Road BS6 5NP
Registered office address
97-107 Wilder Street BS2 8QU
Company registration number
Standard terms and conditions for sale of goods by IC Visual Lab
1. DEFINITIONS In this document the following words shall have the following meanings: 1.1 "Buyer" means the person who buys Goods from the Seller; 1.2 "Consumer" shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977; 1.3 "Goods" means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller; 1.4 "List Price" means the list of prices of the Goods maintained by the Seller as amended from time to time; 1.4 "Seller" means IC Visual Lab C.I.C.; 1.5 "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
2. GENERAL 2.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer. 2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not to accept an order for any reason. 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. 2.4 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller. 2.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer's statutory rights as a Consumer.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT 3.1 The price of the Goods shall be that stipulated on the Seller's website at the date of order or as agreed between the parties. The price is inclusive of VAT and exclusive of any delivery charges. 3.2 Payment of the total purchase price (including VAT and any delivery charges) must be made in full before dispatch of the Goods.
4. DELIVERY 4.1 Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Seller notifying the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection at the Seller's premises or for delivery to such place and on such terms as agreed between the Seller and the Buyer at the time the order is placed. 4.2 All Goods, wherever possible, will be delivered within two to three weeks of the order being placed but always subject to the Goods being available. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. 4.3 The Seller shall use its reasonable endeavours to meet any date stated for delivery. In any event, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date. 4.4 Some Goods may not be in stock at the time the order is placed. In the event that the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods within the time specified in Clause 4.2, the Seller will contact the Buyer to advise of the situation and the Buyer shall be entitled to cancel the order and receive a full refund or agree a later delivery date. 4.5 Title and risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery of the Goods.
5. WARRANTY The Seller warrants that the Goods will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Seller.
6. CANCELLATION AND RETURNS 6.1 The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller within 3 days of delivery if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the Contract. 6.2 Where a claim of defect or damage is made then it shall be the responsibility of the Seller to collect faulty Goods if the items are large, otherwise the Goods shall be returned by the Buyer to the Seller and the Buyer shall be entitled to replacement Goods or a full refund (including delivery costs, if applicable) plus any return postal charges if the Goods are in fact defective. 6.3 Goods to be returned must clearly show the order number obtained from the Seller on the package. 6.4 Where returned Goods are found to be damaged due to the Buyer's fault the Buyer will be liable for the cost of remedying such damage. 6.5 Where Goods are purchased via the internet or by phone, the Buyer has the right, in addition to any other rights, to cancel the Goods and receive a refund by informing the Seller in writing or by email within 7 working days of receipt of the Goods. Goods must be returned at the Buyer's cost and should be adequately insured during the return journey. The Buyer shall receive a refund of all monies paid for the Goods (including delivery charges, if any) except for return postal charges within 30 days of cancellation.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 7.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury, however the Seller shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Buyer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price of the Goods. 7.2 The Seller shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Buyer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Buyer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
8. FORCE MAJEURE Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
9. SEVERANCE If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the British courts.
Updated April 2018
In this policy, “we,” “us,” “our”, and “ICVL” means IC Visual Lab C.I.C., and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
If you have any questions or comments please email email@example.com
When we collect personal data from you we have very strict storage guidelines. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Any external data processing services we use must comply with our security policies.
By disclosing your personal information to us via icvl.co.uk, in person, by phone or in writing, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Policy. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date within our knowledge.
What we collect
We will keep information which identifies you only if you sign up to our mailing list, attend an event, become a client or if you work with IC Visual Lab in a paid or voluntary capacity. Such personal information could include:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
- Your payment details / financial data i.e your bank name, account number and sort code
- When browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language
- Information related to your attendance of, and interest in, IC Visual Lab events, workshops and art/book festivals/fairs
- Information in relation to your purchase of our books, editions or use of our services
We use your data to:
- Provide information about our books, editions and services to you
- Keep you informed about our books, editions and events that we think you may find interesting
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Communicate with you
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- Keep our site safe and secure
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Where necessary for security to check your identity
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
to set up and manage any contracts between IC Visual Lab and you
for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us
in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. For all other types of data processing we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on the company's business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Transferring Your Information outside Europe
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer.
When you visit the website
We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics but we do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This data helps us analyse web page usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to our audience needs.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what you clicked on.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This website contains links to other websites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of these and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website. We advise you to read their own privacy information. The information and usage described in this notice applies only to personal data collected by the company.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Our e-newsletters will give you news related to IC Visual Lab and items we think will be of interest to you. We will not sell, rent or lease our newsletter subscription lists to any third parties. We may use code within our e-newsletter template to identify which messages you have opened and which links you have clicked on within it to better tailor any future communications.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you and you also have the option of "unsubscribing" thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront of our actions.
You have the right to opt out of any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please contact email@example.com
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
When you agree to receive direct marketing communications, we will keep any information needed to carry out this service for as long as you do not unsubscribe. If you opt out from marketing, we will only retain your information to allow us to respect your wishes and not contact you.
Access to your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies in that information or ask us to delete such records. If you would like to have a copy of this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find any inaccuracies we will correct them immediately. If you ask us to delete your records we will destroy all of your personal information that we hold in our files. We will only continue to store your information if it is required for a submission list.
You have the right to complain to the relevant authorities if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
︎ Equality policy
ICVL believes in having an organisation:
1. Where equality and diversity are central principles.
We will work:
2. To prevent discrimination, harassment and victimisation happening during ICVL events, or in communications, meetings or discussions relating to ICVL events (including workshops, lectures and meetings)
3. Provide access to complaint should discrimination, harassment or victimisation occur. If you have been experienced any of the issues mentioned above during any of our activities, please contact Maider Dominguez (ICVL Equality and Diversity Officer) at email@example.com
4. Prioritise any complaints during ICVL meetings and share our findings with other organisations our findings should the need arise.